Funding any event is a complex subject matter. It’s easily next to maintaining the fiscal budget and adjusting the funds of a nation. Finances of a wedding can make you sweat, if they are not planned well. And we won’t call it a great idea if you’ve read the above lines and still don’t figure it out. Consequently, here’s how and how much to put in your Wedding Budget.
1.) Doing the Right Things – The best way to avoid the dissolved hidden costs and unnecessary expenses is to know about the things that matter the most. Things like Flowers, Wedding Gowns and Catering can be way more expensive than you expect. So cutting down the unnecessary expenses like transportation costs etc. and focusing on important things is the key.
2.) Ask a lot of questions to planners – Having an advise from the people who’ve been through it or who usually go through it (not the ones who marry every other day but the wedding planners) is a sign of astute intellect. As an amateur in the financing world, you are more likely to be the prey of vendors and hookers. Prepare a set of questionnaire to be asked for the things you’ve no idea about.
3.) Food and Reception – Around 60% of the budget is occupied by the rehearsal dinner or lunch and the venue’s décor and gathering of guests. So be sure you have enough cash in the remaining 40% to cover all the outgoings for House Décor, Vesting the Guests, Clothing, Ring and Jewels, Photography, Make-up and Music.
4.) Who is paying – The one thing you need to be sure about is who’s wallet will seep out money. Is it only you as a working couple who are paying, is it the old traditionalism of putting the entire cargo on Bride-to-be’s parents, is it your contemporary outlook of sharing the expenses between families. We recommend, discussing it all right in front of everyone and accordingly coming up with the Wedding Budget
5.) Always have a Reserve – Remember not to overextend yourselves for the people who’ll take a departure when the Weddings off. Your dream Wedding should never lead you to a stage of Bankruptcy. Keeping in mind the requirement of extra cash and letting you save for that last moment changes that usually explode the whole expectation is wise idea.
6.) Explore Discounts – Web is no more a black hole. So take its advantage when you have to. The best way is to look for group deals on websites just established for the Weddings. Saving now can get you benefits in managing the post wedding expenses like Honeymoon.
As we shared it with you, Preparing for what’s coming is better than looking for help. And if you’ve done this transferring and spending here and there, Pat yourself on the back because you’ve completed a very important step in your to-do list of Wedding.