Destination Wedding in South India
When it comes to wedding trends, a lot has been changed significantly about how we celebrate the grand occasion. A destination wedding is one of the trendiest changes that we have come across in the past few years. If you select your wedding destination wisely, then half the problem regarding the venue and ambience can be solved. Getting married in the lap of mountains in North India or the historical structures in Rajasthan is very common now. South India can be your wedding destination if you love mystic hills, lush green landscape and the sparkling sea. We have handpicked the best wedding destinations in South India for your D-day. Have a look.
If you want a beautiful beach wedding, ditch Goa and head to Chennai for a beautiful experience. There are a few resorts like Mamallapura with all the facilities required to arrange a grand wedding. Plus, you will get an amazing wedding stage in the beach resorts connected to Marina Beach, Elliot’s Beach and Golden Beach. The Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, Green Meadows Resort, VGP Golden Beach Resort are some of the best resorts to arrange your wedding in Chennai. There are numerous beautiful banquet halls in Chennai, but if you want to get away from the hustle of metropolitan life, then there are a number of places near Chennai where you can arrange your destination wedding in South India.
- Mahabalipuram: One of the famous destinations for a weekend holiday these days, Mahabalipuram is well known for its beautiful architectural sights. Located in the outskirts of Chennai, Mahabalipuram is still carrying the historic essence of Pallava rulers. The stunning beaches will be your extra gain if you are choosing Mahabalipuram as your wedding destination in South India. Here, history meets nature. There are a number of resorts that are perfect for arranging your special day. The Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay, intercontinental Resort, Ideal Beach Resort, Taj Fisher’s Cove and the Chariot Beach Resort are the best among the many for your wedding venue in Mahabalipuram.
- Pondicherry: Located at a distance of around three to four-hour drive from Chennai, Pondicherry or Puducherry has a lot to offer for your wedding. If you love French culture and yet want your wedding to happen in your Country, then Pondicherry will reward you with the best French experience in India. The beautiful beaches will complement the picturesque atmosphere of the town. You should go for it as your South Indian wedding destination for your special love towards hard drinks. If you want to pour efficient hard drinks in your guests’ glass, it’s the best option for the availability and price. The Le Pondy Beach Resort, The Windflower Resort and Spa and the Bonjour Bonheur Ocean Spray are the best options for arranging a wedding in Pondicherry.
- Kodaikanal: If you love the mystic hill, Kodaikanal’s beauty will mesmerize you. A perfect place for a romantic destination wedding, Kodaikanal stands out from other places in South India. The name itself implies the beauty of the place, ‘the gift of the forests. With lush green hills, rhythmic waterfalls and barren cliffs, Kodaikanal is truly a gift of nature. There are a number of hotels and resorts that you can book for your destination wedding. But The Tamara Kodai, The Carlton Kodaikanal and Le Poshe by Sparsha are the best options to choose among many. They have a beautiful lawn and backyard to offer which can be the best place to arrange your wedding stage.
- Kanyakumari: Decorated with a beautiful combination with mountains and sea. Kanyakumari can be a beautiful treat for the eyes because of its landscape. Located in the southernmost tip of India, Kanyakumari is surrounded by the view of beautiful Mountains while you can ear the roads of sea waves. Surrounded by a number of falls, paddy fields, coconut trees and the best beauties of nature, Kanyakumari offers the best sunrise and sunset at the same beach. The beaches are also very less populated. So, you don’t have to worry about organizing your wedding on the beaches. Kanyakumari is also known for ancient temples and architecture. So, if you want to get married in a holy place, covered with natural beauty, Kanyakumari should be on the top of your list. If you are worried about the venues, the Annai Resorts and Spa, Anantya Resorts and Hotels Pvt. Ltd are some of the best options you should go for.
- Madurai: if you want to get married in a spiritual place, Madurai temple in the Southern Tamil Nadu should be your choice. The Meenakshi Amman Temple, Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple easily arrange weddings. Start your new journey of life with the positive energy you will gain from these spiritual holy temples.
- Madurai: Another beautiful city around Chennai for getting married in Madurai. It is the place to host your wedding if a spiritual place is in your mind. Surrounded by famous temples like Madurai temple, Meenakshi Amman Temple, Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple, a destination wedding could be fun and memorable not just for the couple, but for the guests too.
- Ooty: Officially known as Udhagamandalam, Ooty is one of the most beautiful towns in Tamil Nadu that offers the tranquil touch of Nilgiri. You can host a surreal destination wedding amidst nature. You can just have a few words with the local authority and get married in a private gathering beside the Ooty lake or Emerald lake. It will be nothing less than a fairytale for you. The Sinclair’s Resort, the Green Nest Resorts are the best venues in Ooty to get married. But if you want it in a royal style amidst the blue hills, the summer palace of Mysore Maharaja, WelcomeHeritage Fernhills Royale Palace is all at your service.
South India is very underrated and unexplored when compared to the hustling wedding destinations in India. If you want to get away from the chaos and crowd, South India can really offer you a great deal.