Ruby Jewellery: What should you know before buying one?
Every woman loves wearing jewellery. There are umpteen options in the market, but when it comes to choosing the one, then every woman has a special corner in her heart for a special type of jewellery. If you are looking for a classy and sassy piece of jewellery, then ruby jewellery is something that you should own. Ruby is one of the popular gemstones. Gemstone jewellery is trending, and if you are also looking for a classy and regal gemstone, then ruby is a good choice. But, when you go out there, you will find so many different shops selling ruby. You have to choose the one that provides you with authentic jewellery.
Some information about ruby – It is a red-coloured stone that is formed deep under the earth and is present at very high temperature. The red colour of ruby is because of the presence of trace element chromium. When it is red in colour, then it is called ruby, and when it is another colour like blue, yellow or pink, then it is called sapphire. Ruby is mostly worn for the bright red color and people also use ruby jewellery for astrological purposes.
Ruby is also considered auspicious and if often gifted on 15th and 40th anniversary. If you are buying original ruby, then it will be expensive. Hence, it becomes important that you must know about this stone so that you can make the right purchase. There are light colored rubies that are available in the market and also dark red rubies that have the shape and color of pomegranate and that look the best for your wear.
Tips to follow:
- Begin with choosing a trusted jeweller – Your first move should be to choose a jeweller. The jewellery must be reputed and trusted one. They should guarantee the authenticity of the gemstone.
- Learn about the stone – Whether you are buying Ruby or any other stone, you must make it a point to learn about that gemstone. Besides, you must also enquire about the jewellery store.
- Know the ruby – If you are buying a ruby, then you must know about the cut of the gemstone. It is this reflection of light that gives ruby its lustre and shine. Also, if you are planning to spend a good amount buying jewellery, then you must choose round cut ruby.
- Carats – Similar to diamond, ruby’s clarity is decided by the carats. Fine quality ruby is more than 1 carat. You must ask the jeweller about the same. The carat is actually about the clarity and the quality of the ruby, as the finest edges refract light and make the ruby shine on your fingers very well.
- Seek references – If you don’t wish to get into the hassle of thinking whether the ruby jewellery is authentic or not, then you must seek reference of a jeweller from your friends and family who have previously purchased ruby jewellery. They will let you know about the right jeweller.
These parameters will be helpful to you while buying ruby jewellery. Make sure that you only choose a trusted or reputed jeweller who can provide you with the right gemstone. You can make a set with ruby jewellery for your neck, hands and for your ears and fingers, and you can always customize the rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings for looking gorgeous.
Wrapping it up- whether you are buying ruby jewellery for yourself, or for your family or friends, then you must consider buying ruby jewellery. Not only it looks elegant, but the aura of an authentic ruby stone is unmatched. So, what are you waiting for? If you want to buy an authentic ruby jewellery stick to the above-mentioned pointers.